About the opportunities
Group Corporate Volunteer Overview – Half Day (4h)
9:30am – 1:30pm
Group Corporate Volunteer Overview – Full day (6h)
9:30am – 3:30pm
AWLQ takes in strays and surrended pets, striving to give every animal in need a second chance. AWLQ has a organisation wide policy of zero euthanasia. Volunteers will be given a hands-on experience through both manual tasks and animal enrichment. As a volunteer you will be interacting and caring for the animals’ unique needs.
A typical day includes:
- – Welcome and introduction to AWLQ.
- – Animal Rehoming Centre familiarisation tour.
- – Meet and greet with over 40 cats and kittens for snuggles!
- – Explore pocket pets with a guinea pig and rat education session.
- – Select volunteer tasks.
- – 15 minute education and training session with an AWLQ dog handler.
- – Guided walk through of AWLQ’s kennels.
- – Meet and greet experience with AWLQ dogs.
Corporate Volunteers will receive in turn:
- – AWLQ volunteer t-shirt and information pack.
- – A behind the scenes tour of the Animal Rehoming Centre.
- – Unique hands-on experience with a wide variety of animals.
- – Group photos to share on your social media channels.
- – Expert training and education from AWLQ animal handlers.
- – LOTS of animal cuddles, licks and smooches.
- – individual thank you certificate.
AWLQ understands you may be required to work within a specific time-frame and they are happy to accomodate a more flexible option for your team.
Shelter Road, Coombabah, QLD 4216
Ph. 07 5509 9058