Put your culinary skills to the test and share a meal with the young people at Oasis.
Volunteers are invited to prepare a lunch menu of their choosing for the young people, catering for 20-30 people.
There is a commercial kitchen available to prepare the meal or BBQ facilities if you would prefer to keep things simple.
|Day:||Every Monday (excluding public holidays)|
|Time:||10.00am – 1.30pm (for a 12.00pm lunch)|
|Volunteers:||2 – 4 people|
|Food:||Catering for 20-30 people|
|Cost:||Approx $120 (cover cost of ingredients for lunch)|
– Plan a menu you would like to cook. We encourage healthy, hearty meals, something you are comfortable making or perhaps a BBQ favourite and something teenager friendly.
– Purchase and bring ingredients for lunch. These can be bought at the local Woolies or Coles.
– Arrive on site at 9:45am for a brief induction
– Meal preparation will be undertaken in the Crisis Accommodation kitchen.
– Lunch is served at 12noon. Following lunch volunteers will clean up kitchen and eating areas.
Candle Bag Packing – End of Year Opportunity
Candle bag packing is one of our most popular for corporate groups as it allows for large numbers of people to participate at the one time : candle bags are filled with donated family treats and candles for families to purchase at the Carols in the Domain evening.
Volunteers must have a valid Working With Children Check
Please ensure closed toe, flat shoes are worn at all times. Clothing is to be modest and respectful.
There is limited parking available in and around Crown Street. Cost to be carried by the volunteers.
Volunteers are asked to be sensitive to the nature of the clients. Many of the young people who access Oasis have experienced complex trauma, and may be experiencing mental health or alcohol and drug issues. The physical, mental and emotional safety of our volunteers, young people and staff are our key priorities.
Should you require any debriefing after your volunteering experience, please contact the volunteer coordinator or talk to a youth worker. We have highly trained staff who can assist you.
365 Crown Street Surry Hills NSW 2010
You may directly write to: email@example.com
Ph. 02 9466 3033