Version: July 2019
It is also issued under the Australian Privacy Act and applies to everyone in Australia, and applies to all other jurisdictions in which Catalyser conducts business.
Catalyser reserves the right to restrict or deny your access to parts of the Website and Platform if you choose not to supply certain Personal Data or accept and agree this this policy or other terms and conditions.
This policy may be amended from time to time and the latest version will apply from the date stated at the top of the page.
1. Who are we?
We are Catalyser Pty Ltd (Australian Business Number 49 600 025 214), a company incorporated and headquartered in Sydney Australia.
2. We are both a Data Controller and a Data Processor.
We provide our Platform to the employees, contractors and authorised users of our clients. If you are one of our clients, we are the Data Controller for the Personal Data you give us when we enter into a contract to provide our services to you.
We also collect Personal Data from you if you send us a request via our website and when you are browsing our website. We are the Data Controller for that Personal Data.
We are the Data Processor for the Personal Data collected by our clients when they use our Platform.
This includes Personal Data added by employees or contractors on to our Platform working for our clients. In these cases, our clients are the Data Controllers.
3. What information do we collect?
When you use our Platform or engage with our Web, we may collect the following information:
- information that identifies you including your name, date of birth or images of you, username and passwords for Platform access or Website registrations;
- contact information such as your address, email or social media addresses, telephone or mobile numbers;
- information about your workplace or employer organisations such as your employment ID, employer name, office location, work title, business unit, work email, address or phone number;
- your comments, preferences, opinions or other information provided by you through the Website or Platform; and
- information about how you use or enquiries about the products or services that we provide to you, including records of communications between you and Catalyser through the Website and Platform, email, telephone or in-person communications.
4. What information do we process?
We process Personal Data collected by you if you have entered into an agreement with us to use our Website and Platform.
This processing is subject to a data processing agreement. We do not process data except if it is data we control or on instructions from the Data Controller.
5. How we collect your information
We collect information directly from you when you
- when you create an account or log on;
- submit requests, complete forms, submit queries or participate in surveys;
- make a donation or register for a volunteering activity.
We also collect Personal Data when you access our Platform or Website, and when we provide our services to you.
We collect Cookies. These are very small files which a website uses to identify you when you come back to the site and to store details about your use of the site.
6. Why we collect this information – the legal basis for collecting this information
If you are a client, we collect Personal Data from you because it is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us.
If you are an employee or contractor of one of our clients, we process the Personal Data we collect under a data processing agreement.
We collect Personal Data from you because you consented to the collection. You are able to withdraw your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting email@example.com
7. Why we collect this information – the purpose for collecting this information
We collect this information to do the following things:
- verify your identify and determine your eligibility and access rights to the Website or Platform;
- perform Website or Platform reporting functions including real-time tracking of your giving activities and providing donor analytics;
- monitor Website or Platform usage and performance;
- carry out business development, marketing, promotional or education campaigns;
- to meet legal, contractual or regulatory obligations;
- to provide you with updates and other communications to operate, maintain, upgrade the Website, Platform or provide our services; and
- to respond to your questions, requests or instructions.
With your consent, we may use Personal Data for specific purposes that are separate from any contract between you and us. When we ask you consent, we will provide you with information about why we are collecting this data. You may choose whether to consent or not.
8. How we store your data
All data, including Personal Data, you provide us is stored in secure hosting facilities on cloud infrastructure operated by Amazon Web Services in the Australian Data Region. We have in place technical and organisational measures to secure your data.
We may also keep hard copy records of this Personal Data in physical form.
Unless we are required by law to store your Persona Data, we will stop processing and delete it once we no longer require it.
While we will use our best efforts, Catalyser cannot guarantee the security of any information (including your Personal Data) that is transmitted to or by us over the internet. The transmission and exchange of information is carried out at your own risk.
9. Your Rights
If we process your Personal Data, you have the rights listed below.
For personal information that we control, we will facilitate your rights. For information that we process, we will assist the data controller to facilitate your rights.
We will respond to any requests concerning your rights without undue delay. This will usually be less than 30 Days.
We will not charge for any request, unless the request is obviously unfounded, or excessive.
In the exercise of your rights, we may need to take steps to verify your identity.
Right to information
You have the right to information regarding the purposes and nature of the processing we undertake.
Right to access.
You can access the Personal Data about that we control and process.
Right to correction.
If you ask us to, we will correct any information that we hold about you that is incorrect.
Right to restrict processing.
You can ask us to temporarily stop processing your Personal Data.
You can ask us not to process your Personal Data for some particular purpose.
Right to deletion of your data.
Unless we are required by law to hold your data, you may request that we delete it.
In any event, unless we are required by law to hold your Personal Data, we will delete it when we stop providing the service under the contract. Portability of your data.
You can ask us to give you your Personal Data in a form that allows it to be read by other data controllers of processors. We will provide the data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
Right to complain to the Supervisory Authority
You have the right to complain to the data protection Supervisory Authority in your country.
If you are in the EU, you can find contact details for your Supervisory Authority here: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en
If you are in Australia, the website for the Office Australian Information Commissioner is here: https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-complaints/
10. Personal Data Transfers to other countries
IF YOU ARE IN THE EU: Where we are Data Processors, we will only transfer your Personal Data out of the EU in accordance with our data processing agreement and standard data protection clauses approved by the Commission or a Supervisory Authority.
IF YOU ARE IN AUSTRALIA: By registering as a user of and accessing our Site, you agree:
- that, while we will take reasonable steps to ensure that an Overseas Recipient does not breach the Australian Privacy Principles (“APPs”), Overseas Recipients are not bound by the APPs and subclause 8.1 of the APPs does not apply to the disclosure of your personal information to an Overseas Recipient; and
- that, if an Overseas Recipient handles your information in breach of the APPs, you will not be able to seek redress under the Australian Privacy Act.
11. Cookies Consent
If you are browsing our Website, we collect information about your browsing session. This includes the browser type, language setting, referring site, any additional websites, and the date and time of each visit. We will also collect your Internet Protocol (IP) address.
We may collect this information through cookies and web beacons.
Cookies are text files placed in your computer's browser to store your preferences. Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your email address or other personally identifiable information. However, they do allow third parties, such as Google and Facebook, to cause our advertisements to appear on your social media and online media feeds as part of our retargeting campaigns. If and when you choose to provide us with Personal Data, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie.
Web beacons (also known as Clear GIFs) are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behaviour and collect data about the visitor’s viewing of a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
We use necessary cookies to make our Website work. We'd also like to set optional analytics cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
Necessary cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the Website functions.
We may set Google Analytics cookies to help us to improve our Website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. For more information on how these cookies work please see our 'Cookies page'. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form.
12. Third party websites
Our Website or Platform may contain links to other websites or applications, including those of your employer or charities. Catalyser is not responsible for privacy practices of any third party websites or applications that you may access through these links.
13. Contact Details
If you have any questions about the data we control or process, our contact details are:firstname.lastname@example.org
1800 233 138.